Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quater Reflections

    In my 40 book challenge, there is not a lot. I think I'm on my 10 book already, but since I have my homework, test studies, sports, taking care of my siblings, cleaning my room. There is just not enough time for me to be reading. I do read to my sister and brother sometimes, but it's always at night when I feel sleepy. But I'm on a book that is really good, it called "Life As We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer. This book is really good and entertaining, it's one of my favorite books as of right now. Sometimes music in the background make the reading more dramatic. I do love reading, but sometimes there is just not enough time for me to do that.

   The most challenging part of 3rd quarter, was teachers pushing us a lot more than they did in 1st quarter. There was a lot more homework, test, essays, blogs, and tight schedules. What I should work on is staying on task more and more so the work can be done. But not just done, it has to be acceptable to turn in for a good grade. I sometimes would set times when do I have to do homework and reminders to turn in stuff. I'm also working on getting the work done and ready at school so I don't have to do it for homework.

   Strategies that helped me were helpful was the reminder app that reminded me about homework, when something was due, sports, go to sleep early, and waking up early for school. Also in order for me to turn in stuff early, it depends on how long I work on it or if something randomly comes up. I always try to strive for perfection and try to get things done. I suddenly found out that  perfection isn't always a goal. The goal is to do good, be good, and try/do successful. I always try, but sometimes I give up, that is something I need to work on extremely. Mostly 98% I do my homework and turn in stuff early, the other 2% is maybe because I have other things to do or I forget. But that is why I have the reminder app now.

   Some stuff I learned about mostly was the Holocaust topic. That has been the most part of school were I've shown lots of attention, and it was because I was really interested. It was sad that many innocent people were killed because they were not like other people. When I met a real life survivor of the holocaust and went into a real train where the Jews were, the mood of me changed dramatically. I was so palpable, I couldn't actually believe I was hearing and seeing these things. Something else I learned was the vocabulary, which had some what a big impact on the way I write, think, and speak. When I was taking the placement test at Trinity High School, one of the words I had to identify was advocate. Immediately I knew that it was a person showing support for another person. These were some things that I improved and what I needed to work on. Hopefully I will do better in 4th quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment